Have you ever wanted to learn the licks? You know, the ones that you hear someone else play and you think, "What was that?!"
Well, This DVD is the place to check them out! Scott Johnson, aka ScoJo, has reached into his drum-bag-of-tricks and pulled out some of the most challenging licks just for you. Twenty-six of them, explained, broken down and demonstrated by Scojo himself. Each lick is about 3 minutes in length, and with a gigantic special features section this unique DVD disc contains over 2 hours of rim rocking content.
Test your skills with one of the most sought after marching percussion experts in the world, Scott Johnson.
- #26 – Hi Mom Stick Spins - Here’s another trick for you.
- #25 – Back-Sticking Flam-Rats - Also known as fun with back-sticking!
- #24 – Stick on Stick - You’ll discover a unique look and sound in this lick.
- #23 – Short Spurts - This lick features falling par-a-diddle-diddles.
- #22 – Motion to Create Speed - In this lick I’ll show you how to create a burst of speed through motion.
- #21 – Three Left 32nd Notes... Twice
- #20 – Up and Down Flams - For all you “flam-masters” out there, here is the ultimate in grace note control - every note is a flam.
- #19 – Stick Over the Hand
- #18 – Five-let - This is the Lick to explore the world of five-lets.
- #17 – Salt & Pepper - It’s independence time!
- #16 – Flam 5 Chut-a-chuts - We are going to work the double accented chut-a-chuts, with a five stroke roll on the flam.
- #15 – Spida-Toss 04 - This lick incorporates a few tricks.
- #14 – Inverted Flam-a-Diddle-Diddles -Here is a real hero lick.
- #13 – Tasty Treat - Control at every height is the key to the Tasty Treat.
- #12 – Drag the Left - The left gets a workout with some one-handed flam drags
- #11 – Para-Speed - A little old school here.
- #10 – Stick Toss - I explain how to do many variations on the basic stick toss
- #9 – Modulating Diddles - I demonstrate how to modulate 16th to triplets and everything in between.
- #8 – Inverted One Handed Flam Accents - It’s all about speed here.
- #7 – The Spida - This is a form of triple back-sticking.
- #6 – Ghost Flam-Accents - Basic flam accents with a twist
- #5 – Dut-a-chuta-dut -I’ve included some par-a-flam-dles along with some two-height hertas.
- #4 – Stick Clicks - Here is the one people keep talking about -- the stick clicks while spinning my sticks
- #3 - Diddle Control - Get ready for 24th notes throughout this entire lick.
- #2 – Chut-a-Chuts - Lots of grace notes in this one
- #1 – Hero lick - Contains two height paradiddle-diddles as well as a two height five-paradiddle.
DVD includes printable PDF's of the licks.